Thursday, August 6, 2009

Things I find Interesting

Let's start with stuff I like:

A lot of folk I know can get a little obsessed with historical accuracy, but a bit for creative license in my mind is OK. Sometimes, though, it goes too far. Checjk out some of the worst offenders.

I love all things film. Even more I love films within films and fake trailers. For proof of this, check out what's coming soon from Elmwood Productions: The Master of Funk Fu. Now add to this my ridiculous love of Quentin Tarintino and you have Nation's Pride, or as I prefer to call it, Pure Gold!

Netflix is going to allow users to stream to the iPhone soon. How cool is that?

Machete is finally getting made as a feature film, with a great cast. Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Don Johnson, Cheech Marin, Steven Seagal, Robert DeNiro, Jonah Hill, and, of course, Danny Trejo.




And things I could do without:

Spielberg has decided to remake Harvey. Really, Steve?

OK, people, get this straight. Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is the President. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way it is. EVERYONE with legitimate authority agrees. You Birthers are nuts.

Heckling Democratic Congressmen & women who are holding Town Hall meetings. You don't have to like the person, you don't have to like their politics and policies, but, really, have some respect. Engage them in the process, debate, don't shout, and heckle.

And while we're on the subject, the whole Tea Party folk. Please remember the orginal Boston Tea Party was a bunch of rich guys who didn't like that they were making less money because of taxes. So are you. When you're backed by Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh, you're not a people's movement.

Calling President Obama racist. Both Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck of Fox News. Is it really so wrong of me to expect better?

No comments: