Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Can't Get There from Here

I'd like to call a mulligan on yesterday. Work was work, and that's all I have to say about that. The real difficulty began when I got home.

After a long weekend, I was looking forward to doing laundry and sitting on the couch eating dinner and watching Battlestar Galactica. OK, I wasn't looking forward to doing laundry, but I wanted to do the rest. Starting with dinner things went downhill. I was making fried chicken when Jenn showed up at the house with Gwen, Chris and Rachel. Excited to see Gwen I left the stove and spent some time with my daughter. A minute later the smoke started billowing in from the kitchen as I had burned dinner.

Ah well.

The crew left, I grabbed what was salvagable from dinner and sat on the couch, grabbing the 360's remote and hitting power. Noticing nothing happened on the screen I paused to wonder what was going on and saw the three red blinking lights. Went through all the troubleshooting steps and nothing. I have to send it back.

OK, we have another DVD player.

I hooked up the DVD player in the living room and popped in the disc; disc two of season one. I finished watching the episode that I was in the middle of and grabbed the next disk from Netflix sitting on the end table. I put it in and started watching the first episode. For those of you who haven't seen the show, each episode starts with a recap of recent goings on in the show. I recognized none of them from the disc I just watched. I popped out the dvd and looked at it: "Season 1, Disc 4". That's right, I put them out of order in my queue and got Discs 1, 2 & 4. Three was the next disc in queue.

sigh

So I watched the Tudors. I did some more laundry. Finishing all of my darks, I had a few whites that I threw in with the last load just to fill it out. I now have five or six pink undershirts and a pink mexican shirt.

OK, I'm done. I went to bed then.

Today, I go to Yankee Stadium. Let's home I don't get hit by a bus.

No comments: