Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What to expect

Jon has linked out to me, so I feel it my duty to post something. I figure since this is the second post, the first merely noting its existance, and therefore strangely self-referentail, it should let you, the reader know what to expect. After typing that last sentence, this post will also, apparently, include long run-on sentences with far too many commas. I like commas, so expect a lot of them. As I tend to write how I feel I speak I will, quite often, use them when I would pause or change tone.

Nevertheless, what to expect out of this blog.


  • This will, from time to time be a place for me to vent. Frustrations do better in the light of day than under a bushel, therefore you may see them here from time to time.
  • Information about my daughter. She is the highlight of my life, so you'll hear about her.
  • My search for a place to live and the sale of my current home. This is taking up a great deal of my life, so I'll be talking about it.
  • My evolution. My wife asked me for a divorce in March and I'm trying to learn about myself since then. I spent a few months in therapy and am only now really learning what it means to be happy with myself and not have that happiness dependant on another human being. That being said, I'll discuss when I do well with that and when I do not so well.
  • Pop culture randomness. I love pop culture. I adore movies, video games, music and some TV. I'll discuss my likes and dislikes.
  • Elmwood and my involvement in it. For those who don't know Elmwood is the production company I am working with. More can be found in their blog.

What you won't read about in this blog.

  • My divorce. For many reasons, not the least of which is I will discuss it in person, but not leave a permanent record. When it is over, I may make mention, but I will not turn this into the center of a legal battle.
  • Memes. Other than the discussion of cultural traits passed on without much in the way of active teaching. Specifically I mean internet memes like the "Hampster Dance" or "What kind of fruit dropped on the grocery store floor are you?". Just for the record, since it really bothers me when people mispronounce it, the word is pronounced "meem" rhymes with seem. It's Go-Go not cry-cry or mee-mee.

That is the set up. What you do with this is up to you. I'm also going to try to end with a quote. Today's quote is:

"Whoever declares another heretic is himself a devil. Whoever places a relic or artifact above justice, kindness, mercy, or truth is himself a devil and the thing elevated is a work of evil magic." ~ Sheri S. Tepper

2 comments:

Evil Jim said...

And allow me to be the first to welcome you!!!!

Jon From Elmwood said...

Goddamn right I linked you!